He is probably the first and the most respected fashion blogger.
A truly legendary person, Bill Cunningham is the most passionate street fashion photographer I’ve ever known. Loner, living in a small apartment in New York, has been writing a fashion column for Times since late 70’s.
10 Facts about Bill Cunningham:
1. Bill is a very simple person who doesn’t look for popularity.
2. He has been photographing fashion streets of New York for about 50 years.
3. Bill Cunningham is 84 and he devoted his whole life to photography.
4. A lot of his photos are not being seen or published.
5. Bill considers himself not a very good photographer as he is not too aggressive.
6. There is a documentary about mister Cunningham “Bill Cunningham New York” (2010)… just in case you want to find out more about him.
7. When taking photos he is not interested in celebrities or famous people, it’s always only about clothes.
8. “More than anyone else in the city, he has the whole visual history of the last 40 or 50 years of New York. It’s the total scope of fashion in the life of New York.” Oscar de la Renta.
9. Bill Cunningham started photographing people on the streets during WW2.
10. Mister Cunningham was a hat designer.
Photos from mochigrrl.blogspot.com, nytimes.com, zimbio.com, hamptons.com
Information from wikipedia.com and nytimes.com