I should say that summer like no other season is associated with maxi dresses, at least I do so. Mostly people want to put on as less clothes as possible (especially when the temperature hits 40C), I like to keep things differently and find other ways to dress rather than shorts, summer sun dresses and short skirts. Maxi dresses are truly great for so many occasions and places: weekend countryside getaways, evening beach walks, brunches with friends, shopping marathons. What can I say, maxi dresses are great!:) And here is my mini guide to maxi dresses.
1. I love maxi dresses with flower print, they are always feminine with a hint of romance. Play with design: ruffles, open back, beautiful neckline…
2. Don’t be afraid of black in summer. Play with fabrics and make your dress be as flattering and feminine as possible. I really like that deep V-neck dress, I would add couple of simple layered delicate necklaces.
3. Open your back. It is summer for God sake!
4. Choose a dress with geometrical print, it looks refreshing in the variety of stripes and flowers around.
5. If you like stripes like I do, play with colours and avoid black and white combination.
6. Add some colour. Bright colours in any time of a year is a real eye candy. Just choose your favourite shade; I dream about maxi electric blue dress with open back:)
7. Don’t forget about cut-outs. Possibility to look sexy and appropriate in the day time.
8. Abstract prints are always such an eye catcher. Maxi dress with abstract print will always be noticed wherever you are
All photos from pinterest.com