Angelica Cheung in 10 facts.
1. Angelica is a fashion jornalist and editor-in-chief of Vogue China.
2. She brought to China new standards of fashion journalism.
3. Miss Cheung started the era of “Vogue” in China in 2005 with the first issue in Septemer.
4. For the first issue of Chinese Vogue Angelica invited famous photographer Patrick Demarchelier and Carine Roitfeld, editor of French Vogue, as stylist.
5. Angelica’s style is really simple and reflects her lifestyle as a super busy business lady and mother.
6. She is proclaimed to be one of the most powerful women in fashion.
7. Angelica has her own view on Vogue China “Even though I like fashion, I like to feel we are more of a woman’s magazine. We’re not just here to sell the clothes. Otherwise it’s difficult to keep that passion for long.“
8. She supports new Chinese designers.
9. One of favorite Angelica’s Chinese designers is Huishan Zhang.
10. Angelica Cheung is a family person, she goes out not more than twice a week.
Photos from http://www.businessoffashion.com, www.styleintro.com,
http://www.instituteartist.com, http://www.graziadaily.co.uk, http://www.luxury-insider.com, http://awake-smile.blogspot.com, http://forums.thefashionspot.com,
It is still kinda end of summer in Shanghai and I was actually wearing a sleeveless shirt today:) So I do have some time to get ready for autumn, get all my ideas together and do the smart shopping. Usually my autumn looks like this:
My fall colors are all shades of grey, blue and brown. Quiet boring actually! And I really admire people who choose bright colors for autumn, such an eye candy:) This season I decided to change my approach completely and be bright and unpredictable!
*I’m going to start with a super bright eye-popping sweater which can be used to create so many looks. I got my eye on an amazing bright pink angora jumper from Topshop.
*As I usually stuck with skinny jeans and leggings during cold seasons, this year I want to try pants: cropped, wide leg, straight, ….a lot of styles to play with.
So, I want to be bright and feminine!!!!
Without any doubts I can say that it was one of the best exhibitions I’ve ever attended. It is dedicated to maestro Christian Dior and his masterpieces and plus later creations of this fashion house. The earliest creation I noticed is from 1947 as well as latest Haute Couture gowns worn by celebrities, this exhibition just shows us a journey of Dior through the years. You can also see the process of creation of Dior cosmetics on the little screens on the walls and
It is hard to explain, but this exhibition was magical: that atmosphere, those legendary pieces of clothing, amazing fabrics and silhouettes, sketches, decorations…. I took nearly 100 photos, and believe me it wasn’t enough!
If you are in Shanghai till the early November, find couple of hours and go to the Museum of Contemporary Art on Nanjing rd. 231. You won’t regret it!
OMG!!! Does magic really exist? I really want to believe it! Otherwise how can a person look like that at the age of 49????? Sandra Bullock’s jaw-dropping look during the London premier of “Gravity” totally left me speechless!!! She was wearing Stella McCartney lace dress and Charlotte Olympia heels. Perfect…what else can I say?
Photos from globalgrind.com, celebuzz.com,
If, by any chance, you are in Istanbul and you are somewhere near city centre…and what is more…you want a good coffee, than “Kronotrop” is the place you are looking for. Situated just couple of minutes away from the main street Istiklal, this tiny coffee shop is really easy to find. I should admit there I tried the best coffee in Istanbul. I try to avoid big sharks like “Starbucks” or “Coffee Bean”, but instead I search for something more interesting:) Just go to YenicarsI caddesi No. 5/b | Beyoğlu and you will find out everything by yourself.